Friday, June 26, 2009

Joshua Tree National Park


One of the must sees on my trip was a visit to Joshua Tree National Park in southern California, about 2 hours east of Los Angeles.

When I pulled into the park I instantly put on U2. It really is the perfect soundtrack to see Joshua Tree.

The actual Joshua Tree is a crazy looking thing. It looks like a furry monster with a bad haircut.

IMGP3608

I had lunch sitting alone with the massive rock formations. I was a little freaked out about what might be hiding in the holes in the ground or between crevices. But mostly I felt at peace. Some people feel closer to God in a house of worship. For me, the whole outdoors is my church.

Joshua Tree is a special place that has magical qualities. It makes you notice the little things and appreciate the strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment